Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Are you a Mindreader?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Are you a Mindreader?

    No, I'm not talking about ESP here, but the ability to read the signals, basically peer into the mind of another person while relying on only the most brief cues. There is some new research that is coming out in the psychology community that is showing that our brains do have this ability to varying degrees. People who are autistic, would fall on the end of low ability. Jsut thought that this was interesting, try it and see. There are 36 sets of eyes with 4 choices of descriptors.
    Mind in the Eyes
    Women are thought to be better at "mindreading" because of a thicker corpus callosum which enables better communication between brain hemispheres.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    Very interesting. I scored a 29. Not bad I guess.
    ......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    22
    "Why so serious?"

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    25

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    Your score: 29
    A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
    you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
    around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    We had to do it for my class in advanced developmental... I scored a 34...pure luck I think
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member SunTzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    28
    Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .

  8. #8
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Are you a Mindreader?

    Gosh I am ashamed to put my score on here.I found it to be difficult...16 haha
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •